Skip to main content

Part 1...Let the journey begin

These first few blogs are probably going to be a bit longer until I catch up with where I find myself in the process as of today... First off, I am not a reader and certainly not a writer so I find myself out of my comfort zone already. Look past the poor grammar and probable misspelling and get immersed in the message/learning lessons that will present themselves.

Where to start...

If you choose to follow this blog then obviously you know something about me. At the time of this first blog I am 40yrs old (feeling it every day). I have been a nurse since 2007 working primarily in emergency and critical care medicine with an emphasis on pre-hospital care. At the current moment I work for the Mobile Stroke Unit (MSU), a one of a kind collaboration between AMR (ambulance) and the Neurology department through Strong Memorial Hospital. It provides care to stroke patients literally in their front driveway. I mention this because I am a firm believer that nothing in this world is by chance. We are met with challenges that sometimes only God knows we can overcome (or at least has a plan beyond our compression). During this journey we are accompanied by friends and family who are placed in our life, sometimes for much bigger reasons. 

"Someday, everything will make perfect sense, so for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, be strong, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason" ~ John Mayer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part 9… The Lords Prayer

Years ago I was fortunate enough to help care for a grandparent who was slowly succumbing to cancer. Her primary diagnosis of  adenocarcinoma of the lung would later lead to metastasis of the brain and in a Hail Mary attempt found her receiving weekly radiation. I remember her vividly telling us how uncomfortable she found it laying on the table, having her head strapped into the cage while receiving the “treatment”.  Even with the level of discomfort, she would later explain how many times she could recite the Lords Prayer before the treatment was over. It was her calming way of coping as she endured what would later be a losing battle.  Here I was day 2 of an inpatient hospitalization after completing the obligatory CT scan filling out the MRI screening form. For those not familiar with the MRI screen form it basically assures that there is no metal in/on your body that the strong magnetic field inside the scanner could play ping ping with. As simple as the form is, I f...